Thank you for your interest in submitting to The Bees Are Dead. The submissions window is currently closed. Please check back regularly for updates regarding when submissions will be accepted. If you head over to our facebook page and like us, you will receive notifications about submissions windows.
When the submissions window is open, the correct way to submit can be found below.
1) Please submit up to three poems / pieces of prose either in the body of an email or as an attached .doc or .docx file.
2) Please send all submissions and queries to: email@example.com with your name and the type of work you are submitting in the subject line of your email. e.g.: ‘Jane Doe – Poetry’. Please also include a short biographical note in the third person – this may also include links to other sites and twitter handles, etc.
3) We accept:
– Poems, with no limit on length within reason…
– Prose, preferably less than 6000 words, though longer pieces will be considered if exceptional.
– Photography, please no nudes…
– Reviews of books, single pieces or films/movies/TV shows – preferably under 1000 words.
– Videos and Audio recordings of poetry, prose or reviews.
4) As mentioned in the ‘About‘ page of this site, our niche is mainly dystopian literature; literature of a political or sci-fi bent. However, submissions of work in other genres will be considered – though please keep it relatively dark; Romance and/or Erotica is very unlikely to be published by us.
5) We will endeavour to reply to all submissions as quickly as possible, but please be patient as it can take time to read pieces in depth, and for the lead for each genre to confer with the rest of the Triumvirate. If we have not contacted you after 2 months, please feel free to send us a gently-worded reminder email…
6) Unlike many other sites/magazines, we are happy to receive previously published work – you as author retain the rights to your work but your submission does allow us to post your work online and in print (if needed), and use it for the promotion of The Bees Are Dead.
7) Unfortunately we are not in a position to pay you for your work. The Triumvirate, though rich in mind and spirit, are also struggling artists, and are therefore poor in pocket.
8) Free speech is a wonderful thing, but should also be wielded responsibly. We reserve the right to reject anything we deem as inciting hatred or violence towards the vulnerable. We want you to be politically critical, but we will not be associated with hate speech.
We look forward to receiving your submissions!